Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day Two of Teaching

Day two of teaching! I’m waking up much later now, which is quite a relief. I shudder to think back to my days of 2 am wake up calls. Bleh. Didn’t do much again this morning... actually, there was an unexpected tragedy in that I streamed some videos at school yesterday, but they randomly disappeared when I flipped open my computer this morning. The ways of technology are a mystery to me.

Friday is a special day at Avalon, because there are two classes instead of three in the morning... except instead of being 50 minutes, they are 80 minutes, so they’re much longer. I watched Sean teach a class on Blackbeard the pirate, which I found hugely entertaining, but his class were utterly bored. He says that they’re his worst class, and I can see why – they don’t pay attention, and they don’t care about the subject! Sean was showing them videos and telling them stories and they didn’t absorb a word.

I had the first class off, though, so I played Tetris battle, which is a game on facebook. It is very fun, and very hectic – I got exhaused playing it, but it was totally worth it! I also picked up some peanut butter from Paris Baguette so I could make a PB+J sandwich... 6400 Won, which is about $6 for a jar of peanut butter! Crazy expensive!!! Ahhhh!

In the afternoon, my classes were really great. Two of them we finished work early, so I had them teach me some Korean. My abysmal memory means I don’t remember any of it, but I did write it down so I can review it later. The last class was fantastic – they are the highest level class, PA, and the four kids are just hilarious. There’s Peter, Bob, Harley, and Eminem. Bob wrote Sacha an essay a few weeks ago, not for school, just for fun, entitled “Why Bob is Handsome”. True story.

After school we went bowling! We hopped a cab to “K2 Sports”, which is a bowling alley and driving range. It wasn’t quite as flashy as say, Palasade, but it was really fun to watch the Koreans bowl. They are very hardcore about it, with wristguards and everything. Nick came out (the British guy who works at the public school), as well as Jade, Lynn, and a name guy, JD. He’s a Korean teacher from Jade and Lynn’s school, and is really nice. Oh, and of course Sacha, Sean, and Jenna came as well. They snuck wine in via water bottles, which I feel was very sneaky.

All in all, an excellent day, and I can’t wait for tomorrow! Booze cruise on the Han river! I’ll probably be doing more sightseeing than boozing, to be honest, but it’s still exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment